The original Shelby GT500 was an impressive sports car in its day, but that day was 50 years ago. Classic Restorations brings the original pony car into the modern era with their GT500CR. Each car starts with an original 1967-1968 Mustang body. From there, a fuel-injected 427ci Ford Performance motor — good for over 1,000 hp with an optional supercharger — is dropped in, along with suspension updates, disc brakes, and Shelby exterior trim pieces. The result is a hand built, vintage-bodied GT500 that is licensed by Shelby American as a real Shelby, but with fit and finish and modern technology never conceived of in the 1960s.
Presented by Classic Recreations.
Share this entry
Recent Press and News
- CLASSIC RECREATIONS UNVEILS ALL NEW OFFICIALLY-LICENSED 1969 FORD BOSS 302 MUSTANG
- CLASSIC RECREATIONS ANNOUNCES WORLD’S FIRST CARBON-FIBER-BODIED 1967 SHELBY GT500 CR MUSTANG
- 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 ‘Hitman’ kicks off killer Classic Recreations offerings
- Classic Recreations GT500CR 900C Is A Classic With Modern Power
- New 1969 Ford Classic Mustang Boss 429
Signup for our newsletter
Address and Hours
330 Birch Avenue