Classic Recreations builds its ‘Burple’ Shelby GT500CR Mustang for a Sheikh
By Miles Branman
One of two things will happen as you scroll through these images: either you will reel at the sight of a classic muscle car in such an outlandish bluish-purple (burple) color, or you’ll fall in love with those bold, sensual lines all over again in a new, gorgeous context.
As you can probably tell, I’m far more in favor of Classic Recreations’ new take on a classic than I am against it. If the CR name rings a bell, its probably because its last creation, a more traditional gray Shelby Mustang project, basically stole the internet’s heart.
Although that car looked like a benign restoration, it wielded a 427 cubic-inch Ford Performance engine with a Procharger F1-R supercharger system that served up over 800 horsepower. This time, there’s “only” 770 hp at the wheels, but the suspension upgrades, stunning 18-inch wheels, sticky tires, big brake updates, and free-flowing exhaust are all part of the package.
While the gray Shelby was headed to a German customer, this one is headed a bit further East, to a Sheikh in Saudi Arabia. Although the owner may well own faster, lighter, lower, and more expensive cars, but it doesn’t get much more unique than a 1967 Burple ‘Stang.
Recent Press and News
- CLASSIC RECREATIONS ANNOUNCES FORD-LICENSED PROGRAM TO BUILD FIRST EVER CONTINUATION BOSS AND MACH 1 MUSTANGS
- Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR 900S Mustang
- Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR Mustang
- This Supercharged 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby is a 814 HP Knockout
- Classic Recreations builds its ‘Burple’ Shelby GT500CR Mustang for a Sheikh
Signup for our newsletter
Address and Hours
330 Birch Avenue